Tuesday, March 8

Carrying the Cross

I carry the cross as a simple reminder
to me of the fact that I am a christian
no matter where I may be.

This cross is not magic. Nor is it a good luck
charm. It isn't meant to protect me.
From every physical harm.

Its not for identification for all the world to see.
Its simply an understanding
Between my Savior and me.

When I look at the cross, it is there to remind me
Of the price Jesus paid for me.

It reminds me, too, to be thankful. For my blessings
day by day. And to strive to serve the Lord better
In all that I do and say.

It's also a daily reminder of peace and comfort
I share. With all who know my master
and give themselves to his care.

So, I carry a cross
Reminding no one but me
That Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home