Sunday, February 12

my lover.

i heard this poem, the meaning cuts deep.

~

I slept but my heart was awake.
Listen! My lover is knocking:
"Open to me, my sister, my darling, my flawless one.
My head is drenched with dew,
my hair with the dampness of the night."

I have taken off my robe
must I put it on again?
I have washed my feet
must i soil them again?

My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening;
my heart began to pound for him.

I arose to open for my lover,
and my hands dripped with myrrh,
my fingers with the flowing myrrh,
on the handles of the lock.

I opened for my lover,
but my lover had left; he was gone.
My heart sank at his departure.
I looked for him but did not find him.
I called him but he did not answer.

~

doesn't make an impact? well it seems that way, unless i tell you.

Songs of Solomon 5:2-6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home