Sunday, February 6

sleepy sunday

today was a very tiring day for me, really tiring. woke up so early in the morning at 7! why? bcos yd starts at nine and still needed to get up, bathe and eat breakfast. my eyebags were black, like a panda bear due to lack of sleep from yesterday night.

went to bishan market to eat fried maggie mee, my eyes were still very heavy. i could just doze off any moment, if i didnt resist the temptation. i went to the nearby mama shop, bought the newpaper and saw the backpage: Man Utd 2 Birmingham 0, damn. i hate man utd. ah, arsenal is definitely not going to win the premiership at this rate. anyway, after breakfast i went to church for yd (still very tired). i tell you, uncle seng kee's (my yd mentor) yd lesson today was extra boring. i could hardly keep my eyes open. gerald was busy smsing on his handfone. in fact, i was actually sleeping, with my eyes half open.

when yd ended, i was really relieved. i almost knocked off, seriously. anyway, i thought there was yw today but turns out there wasn't, cos its the 5th sunday and there was going to be holy communion. realised i was late for service, all bcos of uncle seng kee. he came late, started late, and ended late! forgetting him, i sat next to serene and gerald during service.

what disturbed me most was the fact that gerald was smsing throughout the whole sermon. it was super irritating and inappropriate laa, i kept probing him to stop but he never listened. even more disturbing, he took ben's fone and started taking photos. he snap here snap there, i had to cover my face to prevent him from taking my pic. after which he contnued smsing. the message was 'God still on the throne', at least it wasn't as boring as uncle seng kee's lesson. i managed to keep my eyes open, thanks to serene's sweet. haha, halfway through the message she offered me a sweet. guess what, it was coffee flavour, just what i needed! thanks alot. opening the wrapper was difficult, i tried not to make any sound but there was this irritating plastic scratching noice. i tried to silence it by putting it under my shirt but it didnt make a big difference. finally, i removed the wrapper and popped the candy into my mouth, it lasted throughout the whole of the morning service.

couldnt take holy communion. i looked to my left and saw serene and rachel take the bread and wine and i wondered. i remembered paul telling me he had been taking holy communion since sec 1. how come ah? dalton said he had been taking it since p4! do methodist and presbyterian churches somehow differ in the area of who is allowed to take holy communion. i dunno, i'm really puzzled.

after service, i left early and went to serangoon gardens to eat chicken rice. after which i went home. i quickly hopped into my bed, with my socks still on, and immediately dozed off. when i woke up it was already 7+. had my dinner and then watched monkey bone on channel 5 until 9.30, only to realise that i hadn't completed my weekend hw! ahh! anyway, doing hw is soO boring so i decided to blog first then finish up ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home