Wednesday, September 9

i knew i loved you

payday! in like an hour.

ok maybe getting paid so much to do nothing is a major plus point of my job now.

taylor swift is my age! so is yoona! she's younger than me. and aarom ramsey is my age too. the list goes on. i just find it amusing and slightly unbelievable that people my age are out there making their mark somewhere in the world. me? i'm like everyone of you average joes. but yeah, i'm pretty happy like that (:

a blessing! my medical appointment got pushed forward to next monday, hopefully the problem will be resolved asap.

i was helping my boss type some paperwork today. he's in charge of trainee development and training curriculum planning, stuff like that. so i was just typing like the syllabus and course synopsis for what we call the Air Engineering Officer. apparently, only degree holders can apply for this vocation. i remember last sunday i was just talking to wilfred about how he can try for AEO because in my opinion, it is definitely much better than becoming a senior techie. you know, making the right decisions now can make so much difference in 10, 20, 30, 40 years to come. i found out that diploma holders alternately, can apply for the vocation of Air Maintenance Officer, which is a less managerial but more technical vocation, as compared to AEO. obviously the pay range is less, but it beats being a senior tech hands down. so i called him up and updated him on my new found knowledge. i felt that he could really get all the help he can get to make up his mind, especially when these type of choices are life determining.

for one, this small incident made me ponder on my decision to sign on. being a pilot with the RSAF is definitely a financially stable job, and believe it or not, it pays pretty darn well. i read up on the salary scale and various components of allowances a pilot draws and will draw as they progress in seniority, back when i was in ocs air wing, i was surprised alright. very very surprised.

months ago, i decided on the reasons for which i'm going to slog to earn a living for. i'll say that i'm not aiming for riches. my reasons are actually very simple, mostly with comfort and family in mind. if i can live comfortably and my family is living comfortably, i'm about contented. i'm not really feeling the crunch now, but according to my mum and dad, when the time comes i'll finally understand their pain. i certainly hope that when it comes, i don't reflect retrospectively and start regretting. at that time, regrets will be in vain and foresight will be what i wished for in my younger days. i hope what i'm intending to do now is a product of good foresight, i hope!

then again, what if i find myself unwanted 10 years down the road. my oh my john the bachelor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home