Sunday, September 20

what sarah said

henry on his mother's accident, from the time traveller's wife:

"But then I feel guilty for wanting to avoid the sadness; dead people need us to remember them, even if it eats us, even if all we can do is say I'm sorry until it is as meaningless as air.

Back on the street, I stand pondering. I don't want to go home. I want to be with people, I want to be be distracted."

awhile back, i concurred. i'm not sure about now, i'm thoroughly confused by almost everything. how nice, if life came with a manual. living life for dummies: chapter 39, how to cope without a mother.

___

"but i'm thinking of what Sarah said
that love is watching someone die

so who's gonna watch you die?"

___

time's like this, tearing away at my guitar would have cheered me up a little, but the strings are rusty and gone. i'll make do with a bed and bad music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home